The Golden Key is a relaxed cottage-style dining pub dating back to the 1600’s, just tucked away from the main road through the beautiful village of Snape. Alex and Oliver Burnside took over the running of The ‘Key’ in July 2017 and strive to offer their customers a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere, exceptional service and traditional ‘pub’ dishes done well. They believe in celebrating local, seasonal produce and playing a central role in the local community.
The Golden Key is packed full of original character, beams, open fires and quirky details which make it a fantastic pub to visit, any time of the year. With three ensuite rooms situated above the premises (one of them being dog friendly), we’re also the perfect place to stay that’s conveniently located to nearby Snape Maltings, Aldeburgh, Orford, Framlingham and Woodbridge.
Alex and Oliver also run Regatta Restaurant in Aldeburgh and The Plough and Sail in Snape, located at Snape Maltings.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more details on our events and theme nights!
We offer takeaway during our opening hours (15% off menu prices) – preorder on 01728688510
Friday Night 5.30-7.30pm Fish and Chips / Battered Sausage and Chips / Halloumi and Chips – £10 – add minted crushed peas for £1
Sunday Roast 12-2pm – Local roast beef or roast pork with all the trimmings – only £12 or homemade nut roast for £10
Kids and over 70s portions available!
Coronavirus Safety Measures
Update following the government guideline changes:
Whilst we are looking forward to moving on after 16 months of Covid closures and uncertainty we are aware and mindful that many people will continue to feel unsure. With this in mind we are keeping some of the previous precautions in place, of which we hope strikes the right balance between keeping staff and customers safe and at ease whilst ensuring your time with us is enjoyable:
• Many of our front of house staff will continue to wear masks to support those who may not have been vaccinated.
• We will encourage customers to wear masks when walking around inside the premises but will not insist.
• We will no longer take contact details but our NHS Track and Trace app details will remain to check in if desired.
• We will continue to follow our robust and systematic cleaning procedures of all areas and customer touch points. Our hand sanitising stations will still be in place and we continue to clean our menus etc after single use.
• Table service will remain, our bar stools will continue to be stored away for the time being and congregating by the bar discouraged.
Thank you as always for your continued support – it has meant so much over the last months.
Alex, Oli and the team at The Plough and Sail, The Golden Key and Regatta Restaurant.
Bedrooms at The Golden Key:
- We have our own in-house laundry and therefore all our linen will be washed and ironed to the correct temperatures
- PPE will be used by all housekeepers where appropriate
- The rooms will be cleaned thoroughly following a guest’s stay, with all hard surfaces then wiped down with disinfectant
- If you stay for two nights or more, our team will discuss your requirements for cleaning.