We will be implementing the following measures when we re-open.
Coronavirus Update – we will be reopening again on the 12th April! We will be open all day everyday for outside dining (brunch, lunch and dinner) and takeaways! To book a table ring Alex on 07870606289, email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a message via our social media channels!
We are delighted to launch our Mother’s Day ‘Heat and Eat at Home’ menu! Three courses for £25 a head! Your meal will arrive on Saturday 13th February, ready to simply heat and enjoy with your loved one in the comfort of your own home! Free delivery within a 10 mile radius of Snape! To order please message us or ring Alex on 07870606289.
The Golden Key is a relaxed cottage-style dining pub dating back to the 1600’s, just tucked away from the main road through the beautiful village of Snape. Alex and Oliver Burnside took over the running of The ‘Key’ in July 2017 and strive to offer their customers a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere, exceptional service and traditional ‘pub’ dishes done well. They believe in celebrating local, seasonal produce and playing a central role in the local community.
The Golden Key is packed full of original character, beams, open fires and quirky details which make it a fantastic pub to visit, any time of the year. With three ensuite rooms situated above the premises (one of them being dog friendly), we’re also the perfect place to stay that’s conveniently located to nearby Snape Maltings, Aldeburgh, Orford, Framlingham and Woodbridge.
Alex and Oliver also run Regatta Restaurant in Aldeburgh and The Plough and Sail in Snape, located at Snape Maltings.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more details on our events and theme nights!
Takeaway and Collection from The Golden Key – preorder on 07870606289
Friday Night 5.30-7.30pm Fish and Chips / Battered Sausage and Chips / Halloumi and Chips – £10 – add minted crushed peas for £1
Sunday Roast 12-2pm – Local roast beef or roast pork with all the trimmings – only £12 or homemade nut roast for £10
Kids and over 70s portions available!
Pub 2 Plate Ready Meals – treat yourself to a night in and take the hassle out of the cooking! Our Pub 2 Plate service is up and running with new dishes being added – home-made ready meals, available for delivery.
Each meal has been homemade in Snape, using quality ingredients and local suppliers where possible.
For more information and a list of dishes, please visit www.goldenkeysnape.co.uk/ready-meals
Bespoke Dinner Parties – we are happy to discuss a dinner party menu for any special occasions you may have. We will talk through your individual requirements and preferences and provide you with the ingredients and cooking instructions for a full course dinner. Please ring Alex at the Regatta on 01728452011 for further information.
Coronavirus Safety Measures
Whilst we have been closed we have been working hard behind the scenes to get everything ready to safely reopen our pubs and restaurant, in line with government advice.
Our pubs, restaurant and public areas:
- We will increase the provision for outdoor dining while ensuring one metre plus between tables
- We will put in place robust and systematic cleaning procedures of all areas and guest touch points
- All team members will be fully trained on the new procedures. Staff members will not be allowed to work if there are any concerns
- Antibacterial gel dispensers will be easily and readily available throughout our properties.
- Our menus will be laminated and wiped down after single use.
- All staff, kitchen and front-of-house will be wearing PPE.
Bedrooms at The Golden Key:
- We have our own in-house laundry and therefore all our linen will be washed and ironed to the correct temperatures
- PPE will be used by all housekeepers where appropriate
- The rooms will be cleaned thoroughly following a guest’s stay, with all hard surfaces then wiped down with disinfectant
- If you stay for two nights or more, our team will discuss your requirements for cleaning.